Location: San Jose, CA, USA
pmd is hiring an experienced engineer or physicist, prepared to become an integral member of an interdisciplinary project team developing some of the world’s smallest innovative 3D camera modules for smartphone integration. Upon completion of extensive training you will be able to evaluate the overall camera system performance, the influences of key components within the system, and the corresponding development specifications to meet customer requirements. With increasing experience, additional tasks in project management will be added. You are in close contact with the customers and based on your well-structured and independent work style you will coordinate support tasks in an international environment.
- Support customers in every phase of product development from design draft to series production, working in our San Jose office as well as on-site at customer locations.
- Develop an application- and customer-specific calibration concept, along with evaluation of laser safety, and characterization of camera performance
- Remain engaged in demand-oriented training and the general support of our customers.
- Provide additional support with technical documentation.
- Coordinate project teams, suppliers, manufacturers and customers all over the world and successfully achieve project goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Physics, Engineering, or related field, and relevant professional experience or PhD
- Proficiency in the safe handling of Python
- Ability to prepare technical documentation
- Experience in analytics and data analysis
- Proficiency with optics and/or laser safety, preferred
- Experience in system development for the consumer and/or automotive markets, preferred
- Outstanding customer orientation
- Independent and systematic working methods
- Willingness to travel (15% domestic and international)
- Basic project management skills and knowledge of tools such as JIRA and MS Project
- Innovative work environment
- Varied and broad range of tasks
- Attractive salary with variable components
- Most modern tools and work place
- Being part of a dynamic and highly motivated team
- Flexible working time
- Regular trainings
We look forward to meeting you!
pmd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.